A SMALL ATTEMPT TO DO SOMETHING LARGE

    Since the last lockdown, I was nurturing a desire that I would try my hands at cooking. Anything. Rice, dal, fish, noodles anything. I wanted to cook something like many of my friends doing during lockdown but never took any initiative. Let me tell you that I do not even know how to turn on the oven. I am very much afraid of fire. This is the main reason I avoid the kitchen as much as possible. I had never cooked anything in my life.


    But, today I did. I prepared my first meal. I prepared pasta in white sauce that my sister was asking me to cook for so many days. To be honest, I was a mess. The water was boiling but I still could not find out the container for the pasta. Oil was heated but my vegetables were not ready. When my vegetables were burning I called out to my sister, "what should I do?". She turned down the oven for me. I poured excessive flour. Milk was not enough. So, I had to pour more water and then more salt in order to balance the taste. And I was terrified that the hot oil would come up to my face. And it did; when I was pouring washed vegetable in it. I got some bruises on my hand. To sum up it was a mess.

    Today I am horrible at cooking. But I am happy that I tried. Likewise, I am happy to try my hands at blogging. This is my first blog, ladies and gentlemen. And this white sauce pasta is my first dish too. I was afraid of how it would turn out. As I am concerned now that how people will react to this first blog of mine. The pasta turned out to be good. It was not absolutely yum-yum but it was edible. I hope readers will find my blogs worthy to go through as well.

Comments

  1. Really proud of you, Dark Lady! I can give you a hand in your pasta recipe, my dear. But, motivation, determination, and striving for excellence- those are the things you need to teach me. I like, nay, admire the fire in you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you need to teach me and motivate me to write better. Plus do help me with the recipe. Thank you 😊

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was my first attempt. Thank you for your appreciation 😊

      Delete
  3. Dear Dark Lady,
    I really thought that you were the younger among the two siblings. But, umm...to my great disappointment, you turned out to be the socially verified clumsy klutz with whom I shared my freshman year, and four more consecutive years, only to see you scale new heights of clumsiness. Today was no exception. And I'm glad you didn't burn the house down and danced around the rubbles in the process. Your tea-making episode is still etched deeply in my memory, and, quite frankly, it's a crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. āĻ¤োāĻ° āĻāĻ–āĻ¨āĻ“ āĻŽāĻ¨ে āĻ†āĻ›ে āĻ¸েāĻ‡ āĻšা āĻŦাāĻ¨াāĻ¨োāĻ° āĻ•āĻĨা!!! āĻ¨াāĻœিāĻŽেāĻ° āĻœāĻ¨্āĻ¯ে āĻŦেঁāĻšে āĻ—েāĻ›িāĻ˛ি āĻ¸ে āĻ¯াāĻ¤্āĻ°া। āĻ¨āĻ‡āĻ˛ে āĻ¨ুāĻ¨ে āĻĒোāĻĄ়া āĻšা āĻ–েāĻ¤ে āĻšāĻ¤ো।

      Delete
  4. Waiting aggressively to taste the so prolonged dish. Many Many congratulations to you dear. Carry on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. āĻāĻ‡ āĻ•āĻ°োāĻ¨া āĻŦ্āĻ¯াāĻŸা āĻŦিāĻĻাāĻ¯় āĻšāĻ˛ে āĻ†āĻŽাāĻ° āĻŦাāĻĄ়ীāĻ¤ে āĻ¨িāĻŽāĻ¨্āĻ¤্āĻ°āĻŖ āĻ°āĻ‡āĻ˛। āĻ¤āĻ–āĻ¨ āĻ…āĻŦāĻļ্āĻ¯āĻ‡ āĻ°েāĻ§ে āĻ–াāĻ“āĻ¯়াāĻŦো।

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts